The U.S. Mission to Nigeria consists of the Embassy in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, and the Consulate General in Lagos. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos serves as the Mission’s representative to the people of Nigeria in the southern region.
Job Title: WAE Office Management Rover (Non-Sensitive) – Employees of Mission – All/or USEFMs, EFMs, or MOHs
Tags: Administrative Jobs, Jobs in Abuja
Announcement Number: Abuja-2023-092
Work Schedule: Intermittent – When Actually Employed (WAE)
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade: FP – 0105 7
Promotion Potential: FP-NA
- Hiring Path: Custom Announcement (not open to the public)
- Who May Apply: Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- On an as-needed basis, the incumbent will provide temporary office and functional coverage for American employees.
- The incumbent will be required to perform short-term assistance for special projects or during periods of increased work levels in any mission office to which the incumbent is assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
- Education Requirements: College (2 years) and University studies are required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of administrative or clerical office work experience involving customer interactions is required.
- Language: Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
- Skills and Abilities: Good computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word and Excel), are required. The ability to type 40 WPM is required. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure, are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
Application Closing Date:
September 21, 2023.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should [click here to apply online](insert application link).
Please ensure that you meet the qualifications and provide all required documentation. Applications should be submitted before the closing date.
Note: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance