FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria & India, and raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
You will be working as a Software Engineer in our Technology Division, which is now composed of 75+ people in Lagos, Bangalore, Paris, Türkiye, and remotely across the globe. We are building Engineering centers of excellence across multiple regions and are looking for smart, talented, driven engineers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the core engineering team of a fast-growing fintech poised for more rapid growth in the coming years.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Reliability Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
About The Role
- The systems reliability engineer (SRE) will apply aspects of software development skills to infrastructure and operations work.
- Since the main goal of this role is to create scalable and highly reliable systems, the SRE will spend up to half of its time doing operations-related activities such as supporting issues, writing documentation, and system management.
- The SRE should spend the rest of its time delivering development tasks such as new features, scaling, and automation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership on large/complex systems and platform opportunities.
- Build tooling to support the automation, management, and reliability of applicable systems.
- Build and support release pipelines for applicable systems.
- Work as an integrated part of a development/delivery team to include SRE practices as part of solution design.
- Manage the system lifecycle from design and implementation, to turn-down and decommissioning.
- Write documentation for peers and business partners supporting applicable systems.
- Work with business partners to define SLOs and SLIs and build robust monitoring solutions supporting agreed-upon metrics.
- Resolve P1 and P2 tickets using a proven systematic approach that focuses on returning safely returning to full system capability and creating plans to fix root-cause issues.
- Lead communications efforts regarding both system issues/activities as well as blameless post-mortems.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong ability to optimally multitask and prioritize work, juggling daily support responsibilities with multiple product/project-driven activities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Work independently and with a delivery team toward releasing features on agreed-upon timelines.
- Strong ability to support SQL database technologies including SQL Server, Azure SQL PaaS, and Azure SQL Managed Instances.
- Provide comprehensive administration of core platforms including backups, recovery, monitoring, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Scripting and automation experience with Infrastructure as Code languages such as Azure Resource Manager, AWS Cloud Formation, Ansible, or Terraform.
- Experience writing YAML code to build and manage Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Proficiency with Azure resource management and operations.
- Familiarity with Windows Server administration and operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years in an enterprise-level system engineering or reliability engineering role.
- Strong base knowledge of operating systems, networking basics, and security best practices.
- Working knowledge of Agile delivery and DevOps principles.
- Proficiency in one or more programming or scripting languages (PowerShell, C#, TypeScript, or Java preferred).
- Proficiency in database management technologies.
- Technical certifications are a plus.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Pension Plan
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Screening call with a member of the recruitment team for 30 minutes.
- Technical interview with members of the Engineering team for 45-60 minutes.