Koolboks makes refrigeration accessible and affordable to all. Our solar-powered freezers, equipped with Pay-As-You-Go technology and offered through an innovative Cooling-as-a-Service model, enable eco-friendly and accessible refrigeration to everyone who needs it. Life is cool!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Engineer Intern
Job Type: Internship
Industry: Energy & Utilities
Function: Engineering (Non-Software)
- As a Solar Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, and implementing solar energy systems in Koolboks.
- You will work closely with technicians, and clients to ensure the successful installation and operation of solar energy projects.
- Your expertise in solar technologies and engineering principles will be crucial in optimizing system performance and ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Work within a team to complete tasks & projects in line with established policies and procedures.
- Assemble the solar array racking, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative equipment with 95% productivity.
- Install all rack grounding and DC wiring. Install and collect modules per plan.
- Conduct site audits for customer locations.
- Prepare site audit reports.
- Analyze existing power backup systems in operation with customers and recommend solutions.
- Responsible for compliance with ISO system for business process
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety with 95% RFT.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues.
- Communicate with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and complaints to the best of your ability.
- Understand the full scope of work for a given project.
- Any additional roles may be developed for the growth and development of Koolboks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy, or a related field.
- An advanced Degree or specialized training in solar energy is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of photovoltaic (PV) systems, solar panel technologies, inverters, batteries, and balance of system components.
- Familiarity with electrical codes and standards related to solar installations (e.g., NEC, IEC).
- Ability to perform technical calculations and simulations using software tools or spreadsheets.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, clients, and contractors.
- Commitment to safety protocols and ability to promote a safe working environment during solar installations.
Application Closing Date
14th August 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send: