FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer – Backend
Location: Abuja (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Time
- You will be working as a Software Engineer in our Technology Division, which is now composed of 75+ people in Lagos, Bangalore, Paris, Türkiye, and remotely across the globe.
- We are building Engineering centers of excellence across multiple regions and are looking for smart, talented, driven engineers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the core engineering team of a fast-growing fintech poised for more rapid growth in the coming years.
Roles and resposibilities
- Developing high-quality features by working with our Product team to better serve customers.
- Building a platform on which each market can plug its specific features while maintaining a solid common core product.
- Tackling complex financial processes with the right patterns and appropriate solutions.
- Helping drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class experience for our customers.
- Being responsible for designing, developing, and deploying medium to large-sized projects.
- Helping define engineering best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Contributing to continuous improvements to an infrastructure that can handle millions of clients.
- Analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration, and platform integration.
Our technical stack:
- Our customer-facing product is an Android and IOS application.
- It communicates with a .Net Core (C#) backend.
- We are hosted on Azure cloud: we use Azure SQL, Azure DevOps, Azure app service, and some other great services that Azure cloud offers.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Maths, or related technical domain.
- You have 3+ years of experience in backend software development with C#.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and object-oriented design skills.
- Experience being a part of building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Experience with cloud providers, preferably Azure, alternatively AWS/Azure;
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create technical designs and specifications.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Pension Plan
- Work From Home
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Screening call with a member of the recruitment team for 30 minutes.
- Technical with backend focus + culture fit interview.