Intersect Consortium is a group of Organizations primarily working in the Mental Health and Addiction space. Our Members understand the growing need for Mental Health Services and Products in Africa and continually work to provide Awareness, Education, Treatment, and Support to Individuals, Companies, Families, and society at large
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day finance and accounts operations of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI, and Psych Pharmacy.
- Provide managerial and oversight for all accounting functions
- Provide accurate, timely periodic financial statements of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI, and Psych Pharmacy Services to management
- Provide direction to all accounting staff under your supervision.
- Provide oversight of assets and finances of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI, and Psych Pharmacy
- Manages overall responsibility for accounting-related information from Synapse Service, Reconnect HDI, and Psych Pharmacy
- Oversight includes monitoring purchases compared to the budget, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and capital expenditures/equipment.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts and monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Evaluate performance and professional development of staff.
- Assist in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI, and Psych Pharmacy
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting roles e.g. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting, etc.
- Supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Management and coordination of activities relating to Vendors/Procurement.
- Responsible for timely monthly, separate, and consolidated financial statements, payments, and cash-flow management reporting for submission to management
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early warning of cost overruns.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost-reduction initiatives
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances, and cost analysis.
- Overseeing the Maintenance and reconciliation of Goods Receipts/ Invoice Receipt Accounts.
- Create and enhance financial policies and procedures across the accounting department as well as the wider Finance department.
- Ensures consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentation.
- Monthly evaluation of Unapplied Advance Payment to determine the risk level.
- Monitors expenditures, analyze revenues, and determine budget variances
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Develops reports on all accounting-related matters inclusive of taxation matters. These reports accompany proactive advice and recommendations on the business’s financial approaches from an accounting and taxation perspective.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of the company’s accounting policies
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the company’s records (e.g. Clients, Suppliers, Banks, Employees, Management, Government and its relevant agencies, etc.)
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Medical Director
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of M.Sc in Accounting
- First Degree must be in Accounting
- Certified member of ICAN/ACCA
- Minimum of 4- 5 years core experience in accounting/management account
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or any other financial software.
Application Closing Date
10th September 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.