Finance Corporation (IFC) a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. The Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030: end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in every country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Job ID: req24012
Employment Type: Full-time
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- The IFC Lagos, Nigeria Country Office is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Program Assistant to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the assigned departmental team and operational staff.
- This role will contribute to the effective operation and administrative coordination of the team in the assigned department and should be ready to step up to undertake new responsibilities and challenges with enthusiasm.
Duties and Accountabilities
- He/she will provide a wide range of administrative support and the accountabilities will include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including some specialized support in specific areas e.g. task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc.
- Assist team or work unit(s) by editing/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar;
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application;
- Use word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution; prepare standard system-generated and customized reports, memoranda, and other communications; process documents for signature, ensuring documents adhere to the World Bank’s standards and guidelines;
- Coordinate team schedules, meetings, and appointments, undertake standard logistical preparations for various events, e.g. meetings, conferences, workshops, negotiations, etc.;
- Organize mission activities which include preparation/updating of mission itineraries and briefing materials, coordination of meeting schedule, travel, and security arrangements, etc.;
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team;
- Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness; exercise quality enhancement function for the project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental, Vice-Presidential Unit (VPU), and institutional guidelines;
- Attend meetings, draft minutes, and ensure timely clearance and distribution; participate in mission field work as and when required;
- Additional ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned by the Country Manager.
Criteria for Selection
To be considered, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or College Diploma, accompanied by at least 5 years of pertinent work experience in a comparable role, preferably within a large international organization.
- Proficiency in organizational and administrative skills, coupled with effective time management abilities.
- Demonstrated capacity to arrange, prioritize, plan, and coordinate both internal and external tasks and activities.
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to maintaining elevated quality standards.
- Capability to produce top-notch work even under high-pressure situations.
- Proven capability to thrive in a team-oriented, multicultural environment, delivering effective performance amid a dynamically changing landscape characterized by competing tasks and demands.
- Exhibited skill in devising and executing projects and assignments, setting priorities, and overseeing tasks to optimize efficiency and quality.
- A high level of motivation, initiative, flexibility, and dependability.
The role will necessitate frequent interaction with the following:
- Internal interactions: Other units within the VP division, the World Bank, and staff across various locations, both locally and internationally.
- External interactions: Government officials, consultants, external organizations, and other service providers.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are essential to effectively engage with a diverse range of contacts both within and outside the organization. This includes dealing adeptly with various situations that require sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in analytical, research, and problem-solving skills is necessary. The ability to work independently, make judgments and decisions with minimal supervision, and swiftly adapt to new software applications are also important attributes.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, in English are paramount. This includes the capability to draft, proofread, and edit correspondences to ensure the quality of written outputs.
- Additionally, candidates should exhibit the capacity to manage diverse situations with discretion, tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Competence in various software technologies, such as MS Office, Outlook, One Drive, and other standard office productivity software, is required. A quick grasp of new software applications is also expected.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply