GMAS is an independent chemical distributor in Nigeria. Through our global network of trusted partners and suppliers, we offer the most extensive product portfolio in the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Handle the daily production process and all the related activities.
- Prepare plans and operation programs for all plastic production machines and the supporting/secondary equipment (For example plastic crushers and air compressors) and present them for approval
- Follow up on the implementation of work orders in accordance with the plan approved.
- Implement and follow regular preventive maintenance procedures for all machines
- Create a database for each piece of equipment separately, including a record of faults, maintenance expenses, and spare parts used.
- Allocates day-to-day manpower for different functions on the production lines and solves any rising attendance issues.
- Communicate expectations to production team members and evaluate their performance.
- Provide supervisors and technicians with the information necessary to raise their technical and administrative competence.
- Make sure that health and safety standards, industrial safety, and occupational safety instructions are strictly followed.
- Follow up on raw materials stock and make sure purchase orders are done promptly.
- Analyse budgets and continuously control production costs and identify/rectify waste measures.
- Oversee training of new operators on how to safely use machinery and follow production procedures
- Managing the repair and replacement of faulty production equipment/machine
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Production Engineering or any other related course
- An industrial engineering master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in plastic composition, raw materials and processes, and plastic injection molding, operations, maintenance, engineering, and/or process improvement, and 7-10 years of general manufacturing processes with a plastic manufacturing company.
- On-ground experience in applying production &planning engineering tools such as Lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in reading data sheets of plastic material.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration, project management, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with service orientation
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building, and inclusion abilities as well as sensitivity to diverse cultures
- Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal coaching
- Must be decisive in an ambiguous environment
- Results-oriented and attention to detail.
N250,000 – N400,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
31st August 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.