Medical & Kidney Centre is a highly specialized medical center that delivers quality healthcare services in renal medicine and other specialist areas. We operate a 24-hour facility that caters to our patients with technologically advanced equipment and an expert team of medical professionals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Gudu District, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Part-time
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Conducting comprehensive stock audits of pharmaceuticals within the pharmacy.
- Dispensing medications to both inpatients and outpatients.
- Filling and accurately labeling medical containers.
- Ensuring precise dispensing of all prescribed medications.
- Thoroughly reviewing prescriptions to identify any errors and verifying their appropriateness and safety for individual patients.
- Offering guidance on optimal medication dosages and suitable administration methods, such as tablets, injections, ointments, or inhalers.
- Managing inventory levels to ensure an adequate supply of all required medications.
- Providing detailed explanations of medications to medical professionals, including doctors, nurses, and interns.
- Overseeing the requisition process for obtaining necessary medicines.
- Conducting rigorous quality checks on drugs and verifying their sources before dispensing.
- Staying current with advancements in the field, particularly those that enhance efficiency and reliability.
- Adhering strictly to established pharmacy safety protocols and procedures.
- Participating in scientific meetings within the department.
Please note that the responsibilities outlined above are integral to the role.
Key Result Area (KRA)
- Organize medications for pharmacists to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, and assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Receive prescription or refill requests from patients and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Deliver appropriate medications and pharmaceutical supplies in the right quantity to patients, nursing stations, or surgery.
- Verify prescription information and dosage.
- Prepare the prescription labels, select the type of prescription container, and affix the prescription and auxiliary labels to the container.
- Maintained pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, ensuring the First-in-First-Out (FIFO) system was strictly adhered to, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipts, and removing outdated drugs.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, and supplies, and enter inventory data into the computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform the pharmacist of stock needs and shortages
- Minimum academic qualification of Pharmacy Technician Certificate.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Membership in relevant professional bodies such as the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN)
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and people management skills.
- Current practicing license or proof of payment.
- Ability to process prescriptions electronically.
N70,000 – N150,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.