Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts, and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub-Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Night Drilling Supervisor
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
Category: Oil & Gas
Duration: 6 months
- Provide day-to-day communication links between onshore management and the well-site.
- Accountable for ensuring all rig activities undertaken are:
- Discussed in a planning meeting
- Covered by procedure
- Adequately risk assessed
- Understood by all crew members involved in the task
- Reviewed to distill lessons learned.
- A focal point for Company 3rd party Drilling vendors.
- Accountable for Supervising the safe and efficient implementation of the drilling, completion, and workover activities at all times.
- Ensure the cost-effective use of services and equipment offshore and their timely return when operations are completed.
- Ensure lessons learned are recorded and provide input to the EOWR.
- Assist in the monitoring, appraisal, coaching, and development of all offshore Well Engineering, Well Services/Completions personnel, and other direct reports.
- Developing team building across the team, creating and promoting a culture of openness, involvement, and participation.
- Active participation in the delivery of team objectives
- Provides input into the drilling, well operations, and completions plan.
- Monitoring all wells personnel and materials movements to ensure that there are no delays to the program.
- Accurate reporting of drilling, completion, and workover activity.
- Liaising between the offshore team and onshore support group.
- Supporting the Installation and FPSO on matters involving drilling, completion, and workovers.
- Fulfill Permit to Work System (PTW) duties as defined in the relevant bridging documents.
- Liaison with the FPSO operations team with regard to work programs, interfaces, and risks.
- Accountable for delivery of good activity in line with performance criteria detailed in good programs, etc., specifically HSE, days per 10K, days per completion, and cost.
- Co-operate with management in promoting, developing, and maintaining a safe place of work and safe working practices and in meeting statutory health and safety requirements.
- Demonstration of HSE leadership at all times to all members of the drilling and completion team.
- Provide a focal point for the Company for all HSE issues and ensure all activities are conducted in a responsible manner with verification through HSE monitoring and inspections.
- Safe execution and delivery of activity in line with HSE expectations, and HSE plans, and in line with the Safety Management System.
- Ensure drill crew participation in safety initiatives and disseminate safety information, alerts, and progress against KPIs to the drill crews and 3rd party vendors.
- Technical support in times of emergency response to well-controlled incidents.
- Be aware of the hazards in the work environment and report (or make safe if possible) any work methods, plant, equipment, or conditions in their work area that they consider to be hazardous and submit suggestions to improve or remedy the situation by use of the site-specific system in place.
- Take reasonable care of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions.
- Auditing both the activity and management systems of all drilling and completion service providers.
- Ensure that accidents/incidents (including near misses) that could have caused injury, damage, or loss of production are reported in line with regulations and company requirements.
- Ensure any accident and incident investigations are undertaken and closed out thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure adequate management of change, and risk assessment is applied to all aspects of the operations and wells delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Geology, or a related field.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in managing drilling projects, including planning, execution, and team management
- Age: 25 Years – 55 Years
Application Deadline 31st August 2023.