Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (NESCO) Limited, a registered entity under the Companies Act of Nigeria, is focused on generating, distributing, supplying, and retailing electric power within Plateau State and neighboring regions.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Generation Manager to join our team:
Job Title: Generation Manager
Company: Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited (NESCO)
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Tags: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
NESCO (Nigeria) Limited is in pursuit of highly qualified, motivated, and experienced professionals to fill the rewarding position of Generation Manager. This role requires individuals capable of initiating innovations that will contribute to making NESCO (Nigeria) Limited a rejuvenated, competitive, and vibrant power utility company. We invite enthusiastic candidates with the potential to build a meaningful career within the Electricity Supply Industry to apply for this position.
Purpose of the Position:
The Generation Manager will report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and manage the Power Generation Department’s functions at Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (NESCO) Limited. This position demands a visionary, dynamic, and pragmatic professional who will lead, guide, and efficiently manage the Generation Department’s operations and maintenance standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for the Position:
The Generation Manager’s responsibilities are diverse and encompass various key duties:
- Oversee and coordinate the Generation Department’s staff, ensuring efficient and effective generation of electrical energy while maintaining operational standards.
- Direct the Generation Department in contributing inputs to the Corporation’s Strategic and Business Plans, ensuring alignment with the Corporation’s Vision, Mission, and Objectives.
- Represent the Generation Department in the Corporation’s strategic and business planning processes, participating in the formulation, implementation, monitoring, and review of plans.
- Represent the Corporation in water and power generation-related forums.
- Develop action plans for each section of the Generation Department based on the Corporation’s strategic and business plans, ensuring required resources for successful implementation.
- Collaborate with other departments for smooth business functions.
- Formulate policies, efficiencies, and technical strategies related to generation operation, maintenance, and engineering functions.
- Develop and maintain power generation strategies and objectives, monitoring their delivery through key performance indicators.
- Prepare revenue and capital budgets aligned with Corporate Strategic and Business Plans.
- Monitor the cost-effectiveness of power stations through expenditure controls.
- Monitor the operational progress of each Section or Power Plant, taking necessary actions and adjustments to strategy implementation.
- Plan and oversee routine and major maintenance of power plants, ensuring optimal allocation of responsibilities to staff under your charge.
- Prepare programs and plans for major overhaul, refurbishment, and modernization of power plants, and related equipment.
- Manage procurement processes and oversee subordinate staff’s performance.
- Develop staff development programs for the Generation Department, identifying training needs.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Compile and submit regular performance reports to the MD/CEO and the Board.
- Provide advisory input to Management on Generation Department issues.
- Perform additional duties assigned by the MD/CEO.
Minimum Required Education Qualifications and Work Experience:
Candidates should hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Higher National Diploma (HND) with Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) and a Master’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic. Registration with engineering professional bodies including COREN is essential. A minimum of 8 years’ practical working experience in power generation plants, with 3 years at a management level, is required.
Required Key/Core Competencies, Attributes, and Skills:
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to handle complex tasks.
- Analytical abilities and solution-oriented mindset.
- Multi-skilled with a passion for power utility developments.
- Effective leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong civil engineering abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in interpersonal interactions.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- High integrity and excellent negotiation skills.
Interested candidates should submit their applications in confidence, including a cover letter, copies of certificates, a detailed CV with full contact details, and names of three referees via post, courier, or e-mail. Applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director, Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited, 10 Barkin Ladi Road, P. O. Box 15, Bukuru, Jos South, Plateau State.
Application Deadline: 13th September, 2023
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.