Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono-specialty center and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji, and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include an emergency/trauma center, radiology diagnostic center, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Job Ref.: CHL/LG/HR/2023/01/JAD-MO/ 01
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Role Reports to Family Physician
Purpose of the Role
- The Medical Office will perform its clinical and administrative duties and assist the physicians, other consultants, and nursing team to provide clinical guidance to patients under their care in terms of medical support.
- You will also assist in planning, managing, and organizing medical activities and administrative functions for their various wards.
- You will also take an active role in overseeing the medical care of patients and the functions performed by other medical staff. You may also help assess and diagnose needs and plans of action for individuals and families.
Key Performance Areas
- Assess the patient’s condition, maintain clinical notes, and take the necessary actions;
- Prescribe medicines as he sees fit and advise patients based on their conditions to ensure the highest possible standards of patient care needed;
- Perform urgent medical services like stabilization, assessment and diagnosis, and/or immediate resuscitation when necessary, and perform treatment and referral to a specialist if necessary;
- Recommends treatment options for appropriate intervention and procedure like minor surgeries when necessary and prescribing medicines,
- Advises and educates patients through counseling or psychological interventions;
- Establishes and maintains teamwork and cooperation with other health care providers to ensure patients receive maximum benefit from coordinated care;
- Examines and reviews patients at the request of consultants, initiate treatment as necessary, and inform consultants of any changes in the condition of patients; and
- Keeps track of new developments in the field of medicine and corresponding literature, skills, and technology to respond to changes in medical procedures and the work environment.
- Monitoring and administering medication
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Ensure ongoing continuous medical education is maintained at least at the level required to ensure ongoing accreditation through the maintenance of professional standards of MDCN.
- Ensuring receipt of hand-over reports on patients from the alternative Medical Officer when commencing duty or handing over clinical notes and instructions before ending one’s shift
- Attending to all post-operative patients on day of the operation and every day following.
- Ensure all patient services undertaken are carried out in accordance with appropriate protocolsAny
- other duties as may reasonably be required.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- MBBS or equivalent
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter. Proficient with
- 3 – 5 years of prior experience
- Certification – Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria; Certificate of Practicing License.
- Proficiency with the use of the computer.
- Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Leadership ability.
- Innovative ideas to move the practice forward.
- Great interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate compassionately
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile
- This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.
Application Closing Date
25th July 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letters in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.