A reputable Microfinance Bank is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Legal Officer shall be responsible for monitoring and advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements.
- The Legal Officer shall also ensure the company complies with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the industry.
- Maintain and periodically review the List of Law firms retained by the Bank indicating names, addresses, staffing, etc.
- Provide legal support and documentation in respect of external counsel; draft, and review legal agreements and ensure adequate documentation.
- Draft and review all third-party agreements and provide legal opinion.
- Maintain a Register of all Agreements entered into by the bank outlining nature, parties, dates, duration, etc.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation to which the bank has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
- Draft contracts and agreements review internal policies and ensure they comply with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Periodically make entries and update the Legal encyclopedia on the extant laws and regulations that relate to the business of the Microfinance Bank.
- Maintain a register of the company’s existing policies.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation, ongoing suits/cases, and advice management accordingly
- Maintains a legal encyclopedia of all extant laws relating to the business of the Company.
- Devise and maintain office systems, including ctic data management and filing.
- Attend and observe client interviews and court proceedings as required and advise management accordingly.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (minimum of Second Class Upper)
- Should possess a minimum of 2 years post-call experience (preferably litigation & company secretarial experience), at least a year in a micro-finance bank or similar financial services company,
- Age limit Between 25 and 30 years of age
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.