FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria & India, and raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Engineer (Intern)
Employment Type: Internship
- You will be working as a Software Engineer in our Technology Division, which is now composed of 75+ people in Lagos, Bangalore, Paris, Türkiye, and remotely across the globe.
- We are building Engineering centers of excellence across multiple regions and are looking for smart, talented, driven engineers.
- This is a unique opportunity to be part of the core engineering team of a fast-growing fintech poised for more rapid growth in the coming years.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing high-quality features by working with our Product team to better serve customers.
- Building a platform on which each market can plug its specific features while maintaining a solid common core product.
- Tackling complex financial processes with the right patterns and appropriate solutions.
- Helping drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class experience for our customers.
- Being responsible for designing, developing, and deploying medium to large-sized projects.
- Helping define engineering best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Contributing to continuous improvements to an infrastructure that can handle millions of clients.
- Analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration, and platform integration.
Our technical stack:
- Our customer-facing product is a React Native Android and IOS application.
- We also use react, next js, and typescript.
- .Net Core (C#) backend.
- We are hosted on the Azure cloud.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical domain.
- You have 1+ years of professional experience in backend software development with C# or frontend development with React, React Native and Next.JS
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with writing automated tests (eg- Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, enzyme, cypress)
- Strong knowledge of testing best practices and understanding of CI/CD
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and object-oriented design skills.
- Teamwork player used to pair programming and peer reviews
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Pension Plan
- Work From Home
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
- Screening call with a member of the recruitment team for 30 minutes.
- Technical + culture fit interview