TippyToes KidCare is a state-of-the-art Nursery that provides high-quality education, enhanced development of learning skills, and a world-class play environment for kids in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Systems Support Assistant
Code Ref: SIT 1
Location: Garki II, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Must possess at least 4 years post qualification of progressively responsible experience, primarily in information systems and applications with a concentration on the management and operations of a computer center.
- Ability to work outside regular office hours including weekends, holidays, or any other days as required. Strong interpersonal skills are required to resolve operation-related issues.
- Good technical skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain two-way communications and promote computer and automation services and resolve priority issues, system limitations, downtime, etc., with key officials.
- Skill in the use of technical and administrative reference material in support of management responsibilities
- To provide a professional service ensuring a high level of support at all times.
- Assist with promoting and marketing of the school and its image, liaising with appropriate personnel.
- To provide technical support and advice as required across the school for staff, pupils, and visitors.
- To adopt a proactive approach and responsibility in providing ICT support, advice, and one-to-one training and orientation on the use of the school’s ICT systems as needed to staff and authorized visitors.
- To install, maintain, upgrade and repair a wide range of ICT equipment.
- Rectify problems relating to the malfunction of ICT equipment including software.
- Respond to ICT Support requests in a timely fashion to ensure minimum disruption to Teaching and Learning at all times.
- Assist with computer recycling and arrange for the safe disposal of used toner cartridges.
- Adapt and integrate the school software applications for Administration, Access Controls, and Cloud-based IP Cameras.
- Assist with the administration of the telephone system.
- Install and upgrade both systems and application software as required adhering to all licensing regulations.
- To maintain an inventory of computer hardware and software (including licenses).
- Perform preventive maintenance duties on items of ICT hardware, including the cleaning of equipment.
- Maintain and help develop the school’s network.
- Report any suspected security breaches to the School Administrator
- To monitor and maintain general ICT consumable stock to ensure adequate supplies are available in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Follow school backup, virus protection, and security procedures. Note risks to ICT systems and suggest precautions to the School Administrator.
- To monitor and keep a log of all breakdowns and alterations to the network.
- Liaise with suppliers and external support companies as appropriate
- Record accurately and prioritize support requests, outcomes, and time taken in providing support to system users.
- To assist with the design and maintenance of the school’s intranet and website ensuring they are populated with current data at all times.
- Create user accounts for staff/pupils/parents to access the school network including other specific/departmental software used in school.
- To be aware of upcoming events in school ensuring photographs and filming are carried out effectively and efficiently with creative and artistic flare!
Support for the School:
- To assist in providing a purposeful, effective, and supportive environment for learning.
- To support the promotion of positive relationships with parents.
- To have a flexible approach to working hours, always ensuring the needs of the school are met.
- To work within school policies and procedures.
- To be aware of the confidential nature of issues within the school.
- To attend staff training/meetings as appropriate.
- To take care for your own and other people’s health and safety.
- Work as part of a team and adopt flexible working practices.
Support for the Curriculum:
- To be familiar with the content of the school curriculum
- To assist in the delivery of appropriate programs of work.
- To support the use of ICT in learning activities.
Qualification / Experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Physics, ICT, and or any related discipline.
All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- Thorough knowledge of automation operation concepts, analysis, and management. System monitoring and performance fine-tuning methodologies and troubleshooting.
- Program and data file integrity and backup strategies.
- Disaster and recovery planning methods.
- Communications and networking concepts and operations.
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Operating and maintenance concepts on UPS / Inverter Systems.
- Relevant computer languages.
- Operations research concepts and applications.
- Information system procedures and standards.
- Standard business work processes and management principles.
- Applicants must possess Excellent Oral and Written English communication skills.
- The ability to spontaneously engage in articulated communication between children, parents, and colleagues is a must.
- Must possess the ability to prepare/keep accurate and updated ongoing detailed records/reports of each child’s overall progress.
- Computer Proficiency is COMPULSORY.
- The ability to use Interactive Whiteboard and Certification / Diploma in British & Montessori Educational curriculum will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
31st August 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.