ThinkWell is a health systems development organization using tailored health financing approaches to help low- and middle-income countries achieve universal health coverage.
We believe that effective health financing systems are essential to ensuring health services are well-resourced, high quality, accessible, and do not cause financial impoverishment by those who use them. We also believe that health financing can serve as a crucial lever to improve overall health system performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Tags: Health Related Jobs
Job Description: ThinkWell is seeking an experienced Health Financing Specialist for a four-year project aimed at optimizing health financing for primary healthcare interventions in selected states in Nigeria. The project, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Nigeria Country Office, will provide technical and advisory support to Kano and Kaduna States in Northern Nigeria. The Health Financing Specialist will play a key role in building the capacity of institutions and individuals within the states to enhance the planning, financing, and performance of the primary healthcare system.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure high-quality program results and execution in health financing.
- Collaborate with external partners, contribute to project work planning, and lead their engagement in collaborative projects.
- Develop monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning tools, indicators, and plans.
- Conduct analyses on health expenditure, financial forecasting, benefit incidence analysis, resource tracking, and cost-effectiveness.
- Support ministries of health and finance on health financing strategies, budget planning, preparation and execution, and budget advocacy.
- Design a sustainable capacity-building model to enhance the Ministry of Health counterparts’ health financing competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience or graduate degree with 8+ years of experience.
- Substantial work experience in data management, data analysis, health financing, and health policy in Nigeria.
- In-depth understanding of current and emerging health financing policy and systems reforms in Nigeria.
- Proficiency in data configuration and analysis, including large datasets.
- Strong communication skills to convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching junior professionals.
- Leadership skills and the ability to align staff with ThinkWell’s mission and priorities.
- Cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to engage with external partners, donors, and stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and willingness to travel up to 30%.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply