The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) was conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in collaboration with global development partners to address the major financing challenges facing Micro, Small and medium-scale enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria. Our objective is to alleviate financing constraints faced by MSMEs and small Corporations in Nigeria through the provision of financing and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial intermediaries on a market-conforming and fully financially sustainable basis.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Department: Office of the Chief Economist
Unit: Monitoring & Evaluation
Reports to (Title): Chief Economist
Job Objective and Summary
- To provide oversight for planning, evaluation, knowledge management, and monitoring.
- Identify performance indicators, develop quality assurance strategies, and monitor and report the Bank’s performance against developmental goals.
Core Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
Strategic Leadership and Management:
- Ensures maintenance of positive contact between the institution and key stakeholders
- Makes operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with M&E data collection, verification, and reporting;
- Keeps abreast of developments in changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase performances and results.
Adequate Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Establishes and identifies suitable indicators for effective monitoring of all business areas
- Highlights and escalates critical issues and their implications to management for rapid intervention
- Implements the monitoring plan for the organization, producing a risk profile/heat map to assess priority areas and enable effective scheduling of monitoring reviews
- Implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues
- Establishes and implements an effective system to monitor progress, impacts, and successes of activities and performance at all levels
- Develops a management plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure progress
- Provide recommendations for innovative solutions to streamline monitoring, evaluation, and other operational functions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Social Sciences, or any other related discipline
- A Master’s or post graduate Degree in Law or a Business-related field is required
- Membership in any recognized body such as the Chartered Institute of Bankers/ Finance and/or Nigeria Bar Association/ Association of Arbitration and Mediation is an advantage
- A minimum of 7 years of working experience in a compliance / regulatory role in a financial environment is required of which at least 4 should be at the managerial level
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.