Prosperity Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited (PMBank) is a Microfinance Bank incorporated in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria in March 2005 under the provisions of the Companies and Allied Matters Act CAP C20 LFN 2004 with registration number RC 620230 and commenced operations on 10th October 2005. It is licensed to carry on the business of microfinance banking by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Audit
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Effectively plan and function as Head, Audit; assigning personnel to specific audit activities and reviewing audit work papers for adequacy of coverage and content to support audit findings
- Develop review and analyze the ongoing effectiveness of all audit programs, recommending changes and improvements as appropriate
- Assist in the education and development of staff members
- Conduct and/or assist with special projects; assist independent public accountants or examiners and support other audit personnel; and handle audit questions and inquiries.
- Develop and implement effective audit techniques and procedures and utilize documentation skills that adequately support audit findings in a timely manner
- Evaluate and analyze the effectiveness of more complex procedures and internal controls within the assigned corporate or compliance area, using appropriate audit skills, techniques, and judgment
- In a timely manner, effectively prepare summaries of findings and audit reports and communicate audit findings and recommendations to appropriate audit levels, including executive management and the Audit Committee
- Develop a high level of analytical skills and evaluate the effectiveness of procedures, segregation of duties, and internal controls within a corporate area or enterprise-wide project
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc. in Accounting or its equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years post-graduation experience while 5 years must be in the financial service industry
- Qualified member of ICAN is preferred
- Additional Qualifications in a business-related area will be an advantage
- Proven work experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, or Finance Manager
- Computer skills in MS Office, Excel, Accounting Software, etc.
- Proven knowledge of booking and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Thorough knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and practices
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve complex issues quickly with logic and reasoning
- Ability to work with little or no supervision on audit assignments, determining when to act independently and when to refer situations to superiors
- Ability to work with and relate to superiors, subordinates, associates, and customers in a professional manner and to motivate and lead associates to willingly achieve desired results. This would include training other audit team members
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues to bank management, both orally and in writing, in an accurate well-organized, logical manner to effect action
- Evidence that the candidate possesses proven skills and competencies in practical microfinance banking and has undergone the Microfinance Certification program and obtained a Certificate in Microfinance banking issued by the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN).
Application Closing Date
30th September 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resumes and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ”Head, Audit” as the subject of the email.