GAIN, short for the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition, is a foundation headquartered in Switzerland. It was established at the United Nations in 2002 with the purpose of addressing the considerable human suffering attributed to malnutrition. Our approach involves collaborative efforts with governments and businesses, aiming to reshape food systems to provide more nourishing sustenance for everyone. Our primary objective is to enhance the appeal, accessibility, and affordability of healthier food choices. GAIN is dedicated to advancing nutritional well-being by promoting the consumption of safe and nutritious food among all individuals, with a particular focus on those most susceptible to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Finance Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 24 Months
The Finance Assistant’s key responsibilities include:
- Handling all payment processing and cash transactions, including documenting resources and transactions, facilitating and posting payments, generating payment runs, managing the petty cash fund and replenishment process, and maintaining filing.
- Verifying necessary documents and preparing payment requests for appropriate approvals, ensuring the existence and renewal of contracts before effecting payments, and preparing payment vouchers.
- Collecting, collating, managing, and analyzing data.
- Preparing the necessary documents required for operational implementation.
- Supporting the processing of employee/consultant claims for travel-related and other expenses, ensuring documentation accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Tracking and ensuring that staff advances are liquidated within the approved timeframe and in the currency they are issued.
- Managing banking activities, including creating uploads on internet banking, compiling cash disbursement requests with appropriate supporting documents, and maintaining cheque books.
- Establishing and maintaining internal control procedures, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, and mitigating internal risks.
- Verifying and properly analyzing supporting documents for all payments and sending timely payment requests for review and approval by the Finance Manager and the Country Director.
The ideal candidate should have experience in an NGO setting, particularly in handling payment processing, documenting resources and transactions, and demonstrating a proactive commitment to quality and accuracy with a keen eye for detail. Proficiency in the use of accounting software such as Navision, SAP, or related software is required. A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related discipline is necessary, and professional certification is desirable.
You should have experience in verifying necessary documents, preparing payment requests, and ensuring the existence and renewal of contracts before effecting payments, as well as preparing payment vouchers. Knowledge of various donor grant practices is highly desirable.
The successful candidate should be familiar with handling staff advances by supporting the processing of all employee/consultant claims for travel-related and other expenses, ensuring documentation accuracy, and tracking and ensuring timely liquidation of staff advances.
You should be a team player capable of collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders at various levels of support.
The starting gross salary per annum is between N5,505,156 and N6,277,812, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply