WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our client’s projects and operations and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical / I and C Team Lead
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- To be responsible for all Electrical/ Instrumentation & Control in the Power Plant. Provide the necessary routine maintenance and ensure 100% availability of the plant systems.
- Oversee the Electrical/I&C team in resolving issues highlighted as part of analysis from the planning and efficiency team.
- Ensure high availability of all electrical/I&C equipment and systems in the power plant.
- Minimize the cost of maintenance of the plant and optimize equipment lifecycle cost;
- Supervision of maintenance measures in the Electrical/I&C maintenance unit and ensured quality of maintenance.
- Ensure availability of spares and other infrastructure for maintenance.
- Minimize response time to the Operations unit for handling routine day-to-day problems.
- Optimize Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time to Repair (MTTR);
- Plan resource requirements for Electrical/I&C maintenance–manpower, materials, and contracts.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience
- First Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (Mandatory)
- Minimum of 8 years experience (2 of which are in a supervisory position) in the Power Industry.
- Member of COREN, Post Graduate degree, and other certifications are added advantages.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Technical knowledge of all electrical systems.
- Understanding of working of equipment and history of equipment.
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures with respect to maintenance of the main plant, transformers, etc.
- Technical troubleshooting and ability to identify the root cause of problems to avoid recurrence.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and environmental aspects of power generation.
- Knowledge of Control Systems (MK V and VI, Sentinel and Egatrol).
- Knowledge of modern maintenance management practices and spare inventory management.
- Knowledge of statutory guidelines related to electrical equipment Knowledge of Engineering.
- Quick thinker
- Confidence and Resilience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Chief Technical Officer
- Procurement Team
- Station Manager
- Other functional departments
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online