Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD), founded by Aare Afe Babalola is a Federal Government-licensed, non-profit private University is a model which is unique in many ways. It is located on 130 hectares of land at an altitude of over 1500 feet above sea level which ipso facto provides a cool and ideal climate for learning and sports activities. It is the only university in Nigeria, prior to the issuance of a provisional license by the Federal Government of Nigeria, moved to its permanent site and constructed magnificent College buildings and College Hostels, Staff Quarters and equipped with modern teaching facilities including E-learning platform and electronic boards within eight months. Consequently, National Universities Commission (NUC) was so impressed that it described the university as a “miracle, model reference point, and benchmark” for other universities.
ABUAD is the only university founded by an acclaimed educationist, the twice winner of the best Pro-Chancellor of all universities in Nigeria; A former Pro-Chancellor of the University of Lagos; Chairman of the Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Nigeria Universities, and a member of the Club of Rectors of Europe.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians and Non-Nigerians for the under-listed position below:
Job Title: Director of Works & Maintenance
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
The Candidate shall:
- Be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of all the Sections in the Directorate of Works & Maintenance Services.
- Coordinate the provision of water, electricity distribution, garbage removal, and maintenance of utility systems and buildings.
- Prepare and approves specifications for the contracted purchase of replacement parts and new equipment or systems for all areas of the institution.
- Coordinate the job results of Works & Maintenance staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees as well as by planning, monitoring, and appraising job or task results.
- Ensure lawns are mowed, flowers, weeds, and tree branches are trimmed periodically and well maintained.
- Identify current and future maintenance requirements in the institution by coordinating with Administrators, Engineers, and other relevant personnel to understand maintenance requirements.
- Coordinate the activities of drivers and maintenance of official vehicles.
- Identify requirements for the annual maintenance budget, prepare recommendations for capital projects renovation expenditures, and anticipate long-term issues.
- Prioritized work by scheduling repairs and maintenance based on facility need, age of facilities, and the order in which work requests are received.
- Direct Works & Maintenance operations by identifying requirements, and predicting or forecasting needed resources.
- Provide oversight functions for minor construction projects, capital projects repairs or improvement, and daily repair tasks.
- Ensure timely completion of all tasks by providing direction to Engineers, Technicians, Workshop Supervisors, Gardeners, Cleaners, and other Vendors.
- Design, implement, and modify preventive maintenance programs by reviewing Maintenance Reports and Statistics, reviewing Quality Control Reports, and inspecting Operating machines, equipment, and any other systems in line with operational standards.
- Maintain Professional and Technical knowledge by attending Educational Workshops, establishing personal networks and participating in Professional Societies, and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
- Shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the Works & Maintenance of the University’s Estate and Buildings.
- Must have a minimum of First Degree in Engineering or Architecture, with at least twenty (20) years post-qualification experience.
- Must be a professionally qualified Engineer or Architect and a registered member of relevant Professional Bodies, such as COREN or ARCON.
- Must be ready to work late and be able to resolve the crisis.
Application Closing Date
30th August 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letters accompanied by the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of all relevant Credentials, including NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of Exemption (where applicable) and Letters from at least Two Referees.
Completed Applications should be submitted and delivered by hand/post to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Afe Babalola University,
Km. 8.5, Afe Babalola Way, Ado-Ekiti,
Ekiti State, Nigeria.
Apply via email to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org