Menzon Nigeria Limited is an expert outsourcing firm that specializes in Human Capital Sourcing, Selection, Placement, Management, and Training. Our primary emphasis is on upholding professionalism in every aspect of Human Capital analysis, planning, sourcing, placement, management, and exit, all in strict adherence to global standards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer at Menzon Limited
Company: Menzon Limited
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Tags: Engineering Jobs
- Participate in construction/engineering operations and supervision activities with strict adherence to plans.
- Undertake tasks related to specific areas of technical expertise or responsibility with a high level of professionalism.
- Ensure the use of appropriate methodologies, systems, and techniques in the performance of the job with strict compliance with regulations and standards.
- Ensure quality, adequacy, and appropriateness of materials and equipment used for all works to ensure an acceptable standard of delivery.
- Produce and/or review drawings, including working drawings, shop drawings, and drawings for temporary works, and recommend appropriate modifications as necessary.
- Review designs, technical specifications, relevant calculations, costs, and quantities to assist decision-making.
- Carry out and/or supervise field tests, laboratory tests, and other tests to achieve QA/QC objectives.
- Assist in the analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of data gathered from investigations for sound engineering inferences and conclusions.
- Supervise the works carried out by contractors, identify inconsistencies, and suggest reasonable corrective measures where necessary.
- Provide timely reports of work and progress, including ensuring all requisite documentation is maintained.
- Work as part of (and coordinate own work) with a multidisciplinary team to achieve common objectives.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the field area of responsibility.
- Promote the company’s values and philosophy in the performance of your services.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Engineering or closely related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, civil, and infrastructure works and designs. (Experience working on mid to large-scale highway/railway projects is an added advantage).
- Possession of a relevant engineering license (COREN). Candidates without this may be considered for support roles.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant engineering software, tools, and equipment to deliver high-quality error-free work.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant construction/engineering laws, codes, regulations, and documentation requirements.
- Ability to make technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles.
- Certification in project management is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of BIM 360 Autodesk, Primavera, or related project management applications.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with tight or varying schedules and deliver within timelines.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility to a variety of schedules.
- Willingness to travel or relocate in response to project needs.
Application Closing Date: September 22, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.