United Nigeria Airlines is a wholly owned Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the trade name United Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Baggage Handler
Locations: Borno, Ondo & Oyo
Job Type: Full-time
- The Baggage Handler will be in charge of baggage, cargo, and mail.
- He/she will report to the Station
- Manager and is assigned the responsibility of exercising efficient and effective handling of all the baggage, cargo, and mail on all United Nigeria Airlines flights.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Supervising and coordinating all baggage, cargo, and mail at the station.
- Receiving all checked-in baggage at the check-in counter
- Send and sort out checked-in baggage into the baggage trolleys
- Ensure movement out of the baggage to the aircraft for loading after due identification by the respective Bonafede passenger
- The movement of arrival baggage from the aircraft to the baggage hall for passenger identification
Supervise baggage services such as Lost & Found
- Being vigilant at assigned location/duty post
- Pay attention to baggage questioning to passenger
- Handle passenger baggage with care, not to drag or throw baggage
- Report any suspected Dangerous Goods in any passenger baggage
- Make sure the excess baggage charge corresponds to the weight
- Ensure baggage is tracked and processed on flights
- Ensure correct baggage tagging/labeling
- Report and bring to notice the passenger discrepancies as per baggage condition and weight
Experience & Qualifications
Relevant educational qualifications are WAEC, SSCE, GCE, OND, NCE, etc.
Job Required Skills:
- Must have experience in baggage handling of not less than 2 years
- Must be smart and vigilant on his/her duty post
- Must be knowledgeable on Dangerous Goods
- Ability to work as a team
- Physical Requirements:
- May be required to work late hours
- Must be physically fit and agile
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (indicating location) and CVs to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.