About Stanbic IBTC Bank: Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years and now spans 16 countries across the African continent. Stanbic IBTC Bank believes in technical innovation, exceptional client service, leading-edge financial solutions, and a flexible and vibrant working culture.
Location: Walter Carrington Crescent, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Business Segment: Group Functions
Tags: Manager Related Jobs
Job Description: Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting for the position of ALM Manager. The responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensuring that ALM (Asset and Liability Management) responsibilities are managed and executed effectively with a forward-looking view to liquidity risk management and balance sheet optimization.
- Supporting the generation of policies for the optimal management of the bank’s assets and liquidity.
- Responsible for building capability in-country and enhancing the IRRBB (Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book) capabilities across the group to meet internal stakeholders, regulators, and industry best practices’ requirements.
- Accurately calculating and timely submitting relevant IRRBB metrics to internal stakeholders, regulators, and public disclosure requirements to enable monitoring of the risk position against risk appetite triggers and limits.
Qualifications: Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- First Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- ICAN, ACI, ACA, CA, or its equivalent.
- A Post-graduate/Master’s Degree or certification in finance/economics/maths/statistics/financial risk management would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in Finance/Treasury.
- Minimum of five years of banking experience in Asset and Liability Management, finance reporting, quantitative financial modeling, or risk management.
- Knowledge of market risk, liquidity risk, Funds Transfer Pricing, and IRRBB would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in Financial Management Information (FMI) and/or ALM System – Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) systems would be a distinct advantage.
- A good understanding of macroeconomics current economic trends, and monetary policies.
- A good appreciation and knowledge of Risk Management, covering Operational Risk, Market Risk, Reputational Risk, and Credit Risk.
- A good understanding of the Alco (Asset and Liability Committee) process.
- Working knowledge of accounting and capital management.
- Checking Details.
- Meeting Timescales.
- Leading People.
- Following Procedures.
- Developing Expertise.
- Planning, Forecasting, and Budgeting.
- Liquidity Management.
- ALM and Balance Sheet Management.
- Risk Analysis.
- Financial Accounting and Management Accounting.
- Financial Analysis and Management.
Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through this link