The Public and Private Development Centre (PPDC) is a non-profit organization in the civil society space. We promote citizens’ participation in governance processes through transparency and accountability. We pioneered procurement monitoring in the public and private sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Head of Finance and Internal Audit
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Management (90%):
- Managed the Imprest Account and the Office running Account, Coordinated payments for meetings and workshops attendees, Local Government, and State Staff
- Maintaining banking transactions of the company, ensuring a good relationship with the bank & taking advantage of benefits
- Maintain an up-to-date posting and records of all PPDC and accounts.
- Prepare and update all the schedules of salary and statutory payments. E.g. PAYE, WHT, Pension, etc
- Review assets registers and alert finance lead on the status of every asset of PPDC
- Managing retirement of expenditure and follow up
- Prepare regular financial reports on office expenses and budgets.
- Manage office supplies, stock, and place orders.
- Prepare operation financial statements in line with directives from the finance lead.
- Manage the dollar card and its payments
- Manage Forex exchange transactions
- Other duties as may arise from time to time and as may be assigned to the employee
General Responsibilities (10%):
- Successfully implement the above responsibilities and assigned activities in work plans, consistent with PPDC Policies
- Contribute effectively to planning, monitoring, and reporting of PDC’s work
- Implement and foster adherence to the established PPDC’s policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures.
- Participate actively in organization-wide learning and other joint activities.
- Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by the Team Lead
- B.Sc Accounting, Finance, Business Administration. A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Professional qualification in Accounting ( ICAN, ACCA, CPA)
- Minimum of three (3) years experience performing similar roles in an INGO/NGO.
- Practical knowledge of sound statutory regulatory compliance
- Practical knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles, standards, and fiscal statutes.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization program funding
- Demonstrate donor reporting standard
- Financial reporting and record-keeping
- Documentation, filing, and archiving skills.
- Presentation and report writing skills.
- Expert knowledge of Quickbooks Accounting software.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint Microsoft package ( Excel, word and PowerPoint )
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully, and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
- Must be flexible and able to improvise to handle a variety of situations
- Ability to effectively train individuals and teams using participatory methodologies
- Constant face-to-face, electronic and telephone communication with colleagues and the general public
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours
- Ability to prepare documents in a well-designed and attractive format, with attention to detail
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrates commitment to PDC’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Displays culture, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Sharing knowledge and experience.
- Provide helpful feedback and advice to others in the office.
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focus on results for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive construction attitude.
- Remains calm, in control, and good-humored even under pressure.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the organization in other duties as required
- Fluency in English and Other Nigerian Languages.
Application Closing Date
7th August 2023.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.